Bike & Ski Shop
Bike & Ski Shop
The SOLE Bike & Ski Workshop offers self-service workstations for bicycles, skis and snowboards. The goal of the workshop is to educate the UCCS community on basic maintenance and repair. The use of the workshop is FREE with all basic tuning equipment provided. SOLE staff assistance is available at no cost during regular operational hours to assist with all basic maintenance and repairs. The Bike & Ski workshop is located in the SOLE Center inside the UCCS Gallogly Recreation & Wellness Center.
SOLE staff are happy to assist you with the following general maintenance needs:
Bike and Ski Shop
Maintenance Services (Drop Off)
- Basic Bike Tune (Safety Check, brake adjustment, shifting adjustment, lubrication of all cables, torque check) – Students $20, UCCS Community $25
- Standard Tune (Includes heavy clean and safety inspection, adjust front and rear brakes (install brake pads if needed), adjust front and rear derailleurs, true front and rear wheels, lube chain and cables, Installation of parts is extra (ie. tires, chain, etc.) - Students $35, UCCS Community $40
- Wheel True (pending pre-check on severity) – Students $15, UCCS Community $20
- Tube or tire replacement*
- Cables and housings*
- Wheel True
*Charges may apply for parts
Parts Price Bike Tubes (All) Varies on type Bike Pedals Varies on type U-Lock $25 OnGuard 8012 Bulldog DT Ulock w/Cable $28 Brake Cables $5 Brake Pads (Alligator Brake Shoes) $6 Brake Pads (Avid 20R Performance) $6 Brake Pads (Dura 2) $6 WTB Rocket Comp Saddle $25 Bike Pump Topeak Mini Morph $25 Bike Pump Topeake Turbo Morph $28 Tail Light (Red Planet TDW) $10 Parktool Essential Tool Kit (WTK-2) $18 Planet Bike Eco Rack $25 Power Link $4 Shifter Cables $5 Trigger Shifter Varies by type SKS Commuter 2 Fenders $22 Bike Chains Varies on length a type Bike Cassettes Varies on type
- Ptexing (minor scratches)
- Bindings (snowboards only)
Wax Pass- Available for purchase with a variety options. Don't know how? Our experienced staff will walk you through the process to get your equipment ready for the slopes.
- 1 Wax Pass- $5
- 3 Wax Pass- $10
Drop Off Wax and Tune- Don't have the time to wax or tune your own equipment? Let SOLE staff do it for you! We have a typical turn-a-round time of under 24 hours but pending on the quantity of drop-offs it may take up to 48 hours.
- $15 per ski set or individual snowboard
Bike Maintenance and Repair