About the Field
Alpine field is a unique and innovative facility that is incorporated as the top level of a 5 level parking garage. The field encompasses almost 85,000 square feet and is lined to accommodate flag football, soccer, rugby, and lacrosse. The field can be divided into two smaller field for intramural events like flag football, ultimate Frisbee and short sided soccer or can be used as one large field for events like full side soccer, rugby and lacrosse. The turf used on the field is a state of the art artificial turf that plays like natural grass, but provides a durable and safe surface for users. Spectators will enjoy watching games from the bleachers located on a rooftop spectator area that provides views of the playing surface. The field will be host to UCCS Campus Recreation intramural games, club sports games, innovative group fitness classes, as well as provide an opportunity for drop in recreational use to the campus community.
Field drop in use may be pre-empted by intramurals, club sports or other programming. Hours during breaks and summer may vary depending on demand and programming. Schedules will be posted at the field at on the Campus Recreation website recwellness.uccs.edu/campus-rec.
Field is open to current UCCS students and Recreation Center members with a valid UCCS ID, guests accompanied by current students or members, or participants in a sanctioned UCCS program or activity. Guest passes for the field can be purchased at the recreation center front desk.
The field is open for use during posted hours or through reservation through the UCCS Campus Recreation Department, intramural and club sports programming may pre-empt drop in use of the field. Schedules for the field will be posted at the field office and on line at www.uccs.edu/campusrec.
To protect the turf surface the following activities or items are not permitted on the field surface:
- Animals (service animals are allowed)
- Bicycles, skateboards, or other self-powered vehicles
- Motor vehicles (maintenance and emergency vehicles allowed)
- Chairs (allowed on the observation deck)
- Food or beverage other than water in a plastic bottle (allowed on observation deck)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Glass containers
- Sunflower seeds and gum
- Tobacco products
- No Smoking
- Fireworks or open flame (without approval from campus fire marshall)
- Golf, shot putting, javelin or discuss throwing
- Metal cleats and spikes (rubber cleats are allowed)
- Painting, taping, or chalking field without prior approval from Campus Recreation Department
- Using stakes or spikes when setting up equipment
Additional Rules and Guidelines are as follows
- Intentional kicking or throwing of balls or other equipment over the field fence is prohibited.
- Throwing of any item off the observation deck is prohibited.
- All equipment must be carried or rolled on wheels, do not drag equipment across field surface.
- The field will be closed during the threat of severe weather. The lightning warning system will sound an audible horn and activate a strobe light when the threat of lightning is present, the field will be closed for use until an “all-clear” is issued and the strobe light goes off.
- In the event of the lightning warning system sounding, field patrons will be asked to leave the field immediately and seek shelter either in their cars in the parking garage below or in the UCCS Gallogly Recreation and Wellness Center.
- UCCS Campus Recreation staff reserve the right to close the field in the event weather conditions make the surface unsafe for play.
- Please dispose of all trash in a designated trash or recycling receptacle.
Failure to comply with the posted rules may result in removal or suspension from the facility or referral to UCCS Public Safety or Dean of Students Office.
For questions or clarification of these rules, please call the UCCS Recreation Center front desk at 719-255-7515.