Gateway Guides is a specific layer of service through the Wellness Center that was created to support our first-year students through their transition to campus. We work on building skills, identifying strengths, and helping with things like making friends and overcoming homesickness. We are not only here for students that are "struggling," but for any student that would benefit from extra support through their first year. Each first-year student has access to 3 FREE one-hour meetings with one of our providers. You can schedule those as you see fit. (3 weeks in a row or spread them out - it's up to you!) Gateway Guides is not therapy, and part of what we do is help you determine if other campus resources would be helpful too.
In addition to the meetings available through Gateway Guides, we've created the presentations below that address some of the common concerns we see students face when adjusting to campus.
- Feels Like Home: Dealing with homesickness
- Sleep Tight: Developing better sleep and rest habits
- Hear me Roar! What determines our identity and how does it change how we relate to the world around us?
- Once the Mask Comes Off: A candid look at relationships and sexual intimacy
- The Fork in the Road: What to do when it feels like college isn't right for you
- Conflict Management: Handling conflict and maintaining relationships
- Stress and Coping: Coping skills and dealing with life's stressors