Establishing the campus trail system is possible due to the time and hands-on assistance provided by students, faculty/staff and members of the community. Help is needed to complete necessary work in remote areas of the campus trail system, and interested individuals can volunteer on particular dates throughout the year. Volunteer trail days will continue throughout the year, as long as there is no snow or precipitation, and the outside temperature remains above 32 F.
Outdoor and Trails Volunteer Days Coming Soon!
Upcoming Volunteer Trail Days:
- Coming Soon!
What to expect on volunteer day
- Meet at the Campus Recreation SOLE Center
- Tools and gloves will be discussed and provided for you
- Depending on the location, the hike to the location in need of work could be 10-30 minutes on uneven terrain
- The work necessary can range in technical difficulty, varying from spreading seed and raking to building rock steps. If technical difficulty is a concern, contact Ryan Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lunch and plenty of water to refill water bottles provided on site
What to Bring
- 1-2 refillable water bottles
- LONG pants are highly recommended
- Wear STURDY shoes or boots. No sandals, flip-flops or open toed shoes allowed
- Layers for varying weather, e.g. long sleeve shirt, fleece/sweatshirt, jacket and hat
- Optional: snacks, small backpack, personal work gloves
Do you have an academic class, university department, student organization/club, or fraternity/sorority group who wants to volunteer? Contact Ryan Wong at email@example.com to coordinate a day and time that works for your group.